You may be wondering if you can play video games after wisdom teeth removal. I have the answer!
Can I Play Video Games After Wisdom Teeth Removal?
The answer is yes, as long as your wisdom teeth surgery was successful and there are no complications.
Video games require a lot of focus on a computer screen or TV screen, which can take some time to get used to following the surgery.
If you do not have any pain in your mouth or after the surgery, then it is safe for you to play video games!
How Many Hours Can I Play Video Games After Wisdom Teeth Removal?
You should not play for too long at one time, or else you’ll be tempted to go back and replay some of it because it will feel like a waste if there’s no save point coming up soon.
You should also not play for more than two hours straight.
How Do I Know If It Is Safe To Play Video Games After Wisdom Teeth Removal?
If there are no complications and you have no pain, it is safe for most people to play video games after their wisdom teeth surgery.
- You should avoid playing first-person shooter games if you have had a lot of dental work done or are experiencing a lot of sensitivity in your mouth.
- You should avoid text-heavy video games if you are experiencing a lot of pain.
- If there is any discomfort, stop playing and consult your doctor for advice on what to do next.
What Type Of Video Games Should I Avoid?
If you have had a lot of dental work, then avoid playing first-person shooter games.
If your mouth and teeth are very sensitive after the surgery, avoid text-heavy video games like RPGs.
If you are experiencing a lot of pain, avoid any video games.
Tips For Playing Video Games After Wisdom Teeth Removal
Here are a few tips for playing more safely and comfortably:
- Rest your eyes by looking away from the screen every 20 minutes.
- Avoid playing video games all day long.
- Avoid playing games that require lots of movement, like sports or first-person shooters.
- Rest your mouth on the side of your head where surgery was done for a few hours.
- Sit at least 30 inches away from the TV or monitor.
- Use ice packs on the side of your head where surgery was done for 20 minutes at a time to help relieve pain and swelling.
- Drink plenty of fluids to keep yourself hydrated after your wisdom teeth removal surgery.
- Take painkillers when necessary.
- Use a pillow to prop up your hands and keep them in front of you as much as possible when gaming.
- Slow down on the volume of your games and avoid playing when you are talking to other people or watching TV.
- Take breaks and stretch your neck every 20 minutes while gaming.
- Don’t play games when talking to other people or watching TV; this will strain your neck and worsen the pain sensation in your mouth from wisdom teeth removal surgery.
- If you’re having trouble healing, talk to a specialist like an oral surgeon about the potential risks of playing video games.
- Avoid gaming completely if your jaw is still sore and swollen from wisdom teeth removal surgery, as this will only exacerbate the pain sensation in your mouth.
- Play mindlessly simple games that don’t require a lot of focus or movement; these are typically shorter and more repetitive than other types of games, so they are less likely to cause pain.
- Consider playing games on your mobile phone or handheld device, as these typically have a lower resolution and smaller screens than TV sets this will help relieve eye strain from staring at the screen for long periods of time.
If these precautions seem too restrictive, don’t worry!
There are plenty of games on the market that require little to no movement or talking.
If you’re looking for a game with low interactivity or high playability, search online for “games after wisdom teeth removal.”
List Of Games That Can Be Played After Wisdom Teeth Removal
Here is the list:
- Super Mario Bros.
- Angry Birds.
- Crazy Taxi.
- Jet Set Radio.
- Duck Hunt.
You’ll be able to play some of these games with friends and family in game mode on the Switch Console.
So go ahead: take care of your wisdom teeth so that you can get back to gaming.
*This list is not comprehensive. Please consult your doctor before playing any games after wisdom teeth removal.*
What Are Some Benefits And Risks Of Video Games After Wisdom Teeth Removal?
The benefit to playing video games is that it will help you get your mind off of things, which can be good for when you have had a lot done on one day, like with dental work, or if there’s pain that may make it hard to play.
The risks to playing video games are that it may take a lot of focus, and you can have your mind taken off things for too long.
Can I Play Video Games After A Tooth Extraction On The Same Day?
No, playing Video Games on the same day is not recommended due to the risk of bleeding.
You should wait at least 24 hours before any strenuous activity, including playing Video Games.
The next day is usually best for resuming a normal routine after tooth extraction or oral surgery procedures such as wisdom teeth removal.
Playing Video Games after wisdom teeth removal is not recommended, as it may worsen the pain sensation in your mouth.
However, if you are careful and follow these guidelines to avoid playing video games all day long or for any extended periods of time, then a little gaming shouldn’t do much harm.
Avoid gaming completely if your jaw is still sore and swollen from wisdom teeth removal surgery, as this will only exacerbate the pain sensation in your mouth.
You’re not going to have much in the way of energy after this surgery, so you may want to take it easy for a few days.
You can play video games but don’t expect yourself or your friends to be at peak performance level even though they might still enjoy being with you and playing together.