If you have a phone that does not allow you to format the SD card as internal storage, there are several things you can do to workaround the problem.
Solution for Android and Samsung:
1. Go to the Settings menu on your device, then select Storage .
2. Select your “SD Card” from a drop-down menu, then tap the three-dot menu (top-right).
3. Now select Format as internal , and then Erase & Format.
4. Your SD Card is now formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.
Apps to Format SD Card As Internal Storage
There are plenty of apps available in the Google Play Store or in the apkpure.com that can help you format your SD card as internal storage, but which one is the best?
We’ve put together a list of the best SD card formatter apps to help you decide.
SD Card Formatter apk
Use SD card formatter apk to format your SD card as internal storage.
This app is very easy to use, and will quickly erase all data on the SD card and format it as internal storage.
If you want to get rid of all the apps from your SD card, then this is the best option for you.
Format SD Card – Memory Formatter
Format SD card is another SD card formatter app that lets you format your SD card as internal storage.
It is available on apkpure.com and is easy to use.
What Happens When You Format an SD Card as Internal Storage?
When you format an SD card as internal storage, the files are saved on the SD card in a specific order.
This means that you can’t access the files in any other way than through the SD card itself.
If you want to use the SD card with a different device, you’ll need to erase all of the files and start over.
In simple words, when you format an SD card as internal storage, the card becomes read-only and unavailable for use with external storage devices.
This means that any files you had stored on the card will be lost.
To make sure your files are safe, always back them up before formatting an SD card as internal storage.
Is It Good to Use an SD Card as Internal Storage?
When you buy a new phone, the first thing you do is dump all of your old pictures, music, and videos onto the SD card.
But is it always a good idea to use an SD card as your phone’s internal storage? Here’s a look at the pros and cons.
1) You can access your files from any device with an SD card reader.
2) If your phone gets lost or damaged, you can easily replace the SD card without losing any of your data.
3) You can keep all of your music, photos, and videos in one place without having to carry multiple devices around with you.
4) You can easily share files with other people without having to worry about losing any data.
5) You can move files from your phone to another device without having to download them all over again.
1) If you have a lot of old photos and videos on your SD card, it will take up a lot of space.
2) It is not as easy to transfer files to or from your SD card as it is to move files between devices on your phone.
Can I Change My SD Card format from Internal to Portable Storage?
Yes. You can easily change your SD card format to portable storage.
This is done by opening the SD card in your device and selecting Change Card Format from the menu.
If you’re running Android 6.0 or higher, you can change your storage format from the Settings application under Storage.