Video games are a great way to enjoy entertainment, but they also take a lot of storage space.
If you don’t want to spend too much time searching for the perfect game, then you might consider storing some of your favorite titles for later.
You can store video games for months or even years without worrying about damaging the discs.
The only thing you need to remember is to store them properly.
Here’s how to store video games safely for longer periods of time.
If you have a basement, this is probably one of the best places to store video games.
It will be cool and dry down there, and it won’t get dusty like other rooms in the house.
You can keep all of your games here if you want to make sure that they stay safe from moisture.
However, you should not leave any boxes open because humidity could damage the discs inside.
Instead, you should put them into plastic bags so that they remain protected.
Another good place to store video games is in your garage.
This room is usually very well-ventilated and dry, which means that it’s ideal for keeping your discs safe.
However, you should still cover them with plastic bags before putting them away.
This way, you can prevent dust particles from getting on the discs. Also, you shouldn’t leave any boxes open because the heat might cause damage to the discs.
Another option would be to store your video games in your closet.
These closets tend to be quite warm, which makes them a good choice for long-term storage.
However, you should always keep an eye out for mold growth.
You can use a dehumidifier to reduce the amount of moisture in the air, which helps to prevent mold from growing.
There are many different types of storage bins available online.
Some of these are made specifically for storing video games, while others are meant for general storage purposes.
The most important thing when choosing a bin is to ensure that it has enough ventilation holes.
Otherwise, you risk having mold grow on the discs.
Also, you should avoid using metal bins because they can rust over time.
Instead, you should opt for wooden ones. They are more resistant to moisture than metal ones.
Finally, you should choose bins that are large enough to hold as many games as possible.
That way, you can easily find the right one whenever you need to play a specific title.
If you live somewhere where temperatures fluctuate throughout the year, then you may want to consider climate-controlled storage.
This type of storage is designed to help protect your discs from extreme conditions.
For example, you can buy a unit that is set up to maintain a constant temperature of 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
In addition, you can purchase units that are equipped with UV lights to kill bacteria.
These devices are excellent at protecting your video games from harmful elements such as sunlight and rain.
However, you should note that some of these systems are extremely expensive.
Check also: 7 Best Shelves For Video Games in 2022
Buy Custom Built System
In addition to the options mentioned above, you can also look into buying a custom-built system.
If you do decide to go this route, make sure that you pick a company that specializes in building custom storage solutions.
When looking for a company, you should ask about their experience and whether or not they have previous customers who were satisfied with their services.
You should also check if they offer free consultations.
When selecting a storage solution, you should also take into account how much space you have available.
For example, if you don’t have a lot of extra space, then you can opt for something smaller.
On the other hand, if you have plenty of space, you can invest in something larger.
Regardless of what type of storage you end up going with, make sure that it is well ventilated so that there isn’t too much humidity inside.
DIY Your Own Storage System
You might think that DIY storage is a bad idea, but it actually works very well.
The main reason why people turn to DIY storage is because they don’t feel like spending money on a professional system.
However, if you’re willing to put in the effort, you can build a system that will last for years. Here’s how:
1) Choose an area that is away from direct sunlight. Ideally, you should place your storage system in a room that doesn’t get hot during the summer months.
2) Make sure that the floor of the storage room is smooth and level. Also, try to keep the walls straight and flat.
3) Use wood boards to create shelves. These will be used to store all of your games.
4) Cover the entire surface of the shelves with plastic sheets.
This will prevent dust particles from getting stuck between the board and the game case.
5) Place a fan near the top of the shelf. It will help circulate air around the items stored on the shelves.
6) Finally, use a timer to automatically switch off the fans when the room gets too warm.
This method is great because it allows you to customize your own storage system.
As long as you follow our tips, you’ll be able to build a storage system that lasts for decades.
Here is the Easiest Way to Organize Video Games
Safety Guidelines for Long Term Video Game Storage
Storing video games safely is one of the most important aspects of keeping them safe.
If you want to ensure that your games stay in good condition, make sure that you follow these guidelines:
1) Always check the manufacturer’s instructions before using any storage solutions.
2) Never leave your games unattended while they are being stored.
3) Keep your storage units away from fireplaces or heaters.
4) Clean your storage units every few weeks.
5) Avoid putting your games on high shelves. Instead, use low shelves.
6) Check your storage solution every month. You should replace the filters if necessary.
7) If possible, store your games in a climate-controlled room.
8) Try not to open the cases of your games often. Doing this could damage the contents inside.
9) Once in a while, vacuum the insides of your storage boxes. This will remove any debris that may have accumulated there.
10) If you’re worried about theft, put locks on your storage cabinets.
11) Make sure that your storage cabinet doors close tightly.
12) If you’re concerned about humidity, place some dry towels in the bottom of your storage box.
13) If you’re afraid that mice might get into your storage unit, try covering the floor of your storage area with cheese.
14) Use anti-static bags whenever you pack up your games. These bags can protect your games from static electricity.
15) To keep your games organized, label each box with its contents.
16) Lastly, don’t throw away your old games. Instead, donate them to charity.
If you take care of your video games properly, they will last much longer than you think.
With a little bit of time and effort, you can easily store your video games for years to come.
Storing video games isn’t easy, especially if you live in a humid climate.
Thankfully, there are plenty of options available today.
All you need to do is pick the best storage method based on your needs and preferences.